Wednesday, 2 January 2013

WICKED!

Actually I am not a big fan of musicals, I prefer the theatre. However, WICKED exceeded my expectations and I really enjoyed it - even from my seat in the back (18 £). When it comes to view, I think it doesn't really matter where you sit as the theatre offers great views from every seat and if you need them, you can rent small binoculars for 1£.

My major concern in regards to WICKED was the plot. I love the old Wizard of Oz film and wasn't too keen on some made up story that somehow related to the original. The script writer of WICKED, however, did a great job when creating the story of the young witches' lives back then at school in Oz.

The way Alphaba (the evil green witch from The Wizard of Oz, remember?) develops throughout the play and some other details that are being revealed during the musical fit in perfectly with the story of The Wizard of Oz and are convincing. The brilliant stage design, great music and the talented actors made it an afternoon to remember. So if you are anywhere near London, try to get some tickets!

Wicked - The Musical

No comments:

Post a Comment